1.01 Hard Day's Night
Meet Meredith Grey. Daughter of famous surgeon Ellis Grey and currently a first year intern at Seattle Grace Hospital. On her first day, she meets her fellow interns: Cristina Yang, a highly competitive Stanford graduate. George O'Malley, a quirky yet warm hearted guy. Izzie Stevens, a former model who's always optimistic. Overseeing them is Miranda Bailey, dubbed by her coworkers "The Nazi". Meredith also gets a surprise when she realizes that her one night stand from the night before is her new boss.
If you have other Grey's Anatomy icons in your post aside from challenge icons, make sure you designate which icons belong to the challenge. It makes it easier when we put the hall of fame together. :)
I also want to beg you all to pimp this comm. When you post your art in your journal or other comms, be sure to say it was made for greyschallenge. Believe it or not, that's one of the best ways to advertise. :)
Please be sure to put 1.01 Hard Day's Night as the subject of your post!!!!
Links to Screencaps:
DVD CAP DONATIONS WELCOME!!!
If you make your own caps, and would like to share them with the community, please post them with a sample cap and a link to the download. I'll be happy to add your caps to the above list. Thanks!
If you know of other sites to recommend with good screencaps, just comment to this post. If you prefer to make your own screencaps, that's great too. Use whatever you want, from whereever you want, just don't hotlink.
What if I've already made a ton of stuff for this episode? What can I do?
If you've already made a batch of icons or whatever for the Hard Day's Night, post them! As long as they're episode centric, I don't mind! :) But, see what else you can come up with...add a wallpaper to the mix, or try a different style of icons. Maybe even start on a mood theme! But make whatever you want, and post all entries together in one post. Unless you decide to make another whole batch of stuff, feel free to make a new post to the comm.
1) All icons, wallpapers, graphics, and vids must pertain to the current episodic challenge. This means you can't incorporate images from other eps or promotional pictures into your work, even if we've already covered that episode.
2) Comment, comment, comment!!! We all love to know our work is appreciated, even if people don't take our stuff. So always comment any time you feel moved to say anything (but be nice about it), even if you want to offer suggestions.
3) Credit: give credit where credit is due. Let people know where you got your caps, your brushes, your fonts. And if you take anything, be sure to follow the poster's rules for their art. This means no stealing. Stealing is bad, and you will be kicked out for doing so.
4) If you're posting, please indicate in your post your rules. Be specific, so that there's no confusion. If your stuff's display only, let us know. If it's up for grabs, let us know. Customizable? You got it: let us know.
5) Personal journals: You want to link to your journal? Great!! But please, follow these rules: a) give us some sort of teaser, let us know what we're looking at. b) indicate in your link that we're going to your journal, and if it's friends-only, this must also be indicated in the link. Oh, and one more thing: please link directly to the post itself, rather than just your journal. See, when you first post the icons, people will see that entry at the top, but as time goes on, anyone going through old posts won't see those icons at the top of your LJ, cause you know, it's an old post.
6) LJ-Cuts: Please use an LJ-cut if you post more than three icons, and if you have graphics bigger than a thumbnail preview, use a cut here as well. This is to make the comm more modem-friendly. Also, if there's a chance your work contains questionable material (language, character-bashing, slash, lude text, whatever), please also indicate this in the cut as well. There's a variety of ages roaming these halls, and we want to offend as few as people as possible.
7) See something you really like, but aren't sure how to do it for yourself? Try a couple things: 1) ask the artist. Chances are, they can give you lots of tips. 2) Check out the comm icon_tutorial. It has extensive tutorials, especially in the memory section, and is worth its weight in gold.
8) Hotlinking is bad. Don't do it. EVER. If you need to display graphics of any kind, get yourself an account at PhotoBucket. They're easy, and best of all, free. And yes, this holds true if you want to nominate something. Some people have to pay for their bandwidth, and we don't want to cost them money, even if it is to show off their lovely work.
9) Confused about these rules? You can find more info in our FAQ, which will be posted soon. Then, if you're still confused, or have more questions, just ask the moderator. She'll be happy to clarify anything you need.
I'll end this challenge next Friday most likely..